This year DEMA will be offering a Private Service Scholarship in the amount of $5,000.00 to be used by the qualifying candidate to attend a Butler or Household Management school of his or her choice. The scholarship amount will only be used towards the cost of admission.
The purpose and goals of this scholarship program:
- Encourage excellence in the Private Service Profession by developing core skillsets in becoming an Estate or Household Manager
- Foster and encourage more professional development to create the next generation of leaders in the Private Service field
- Create a more qualified workforce for the families and Principals that the industry services
Any person that is new to working in the Private Service industry can qualify for this scholarship, as well as industry veterans.
To be eligible, a candidate must:
- Demonstrate leadership in their current or past position, community or various associations
- Show academic potential and willingness to serve
- Have the ability to pay "out-of-pocket" for other costs in order to attend the school. Examples are:Lodging & food costs while attending school
- Be able to attend the courses before the end of 2018
- Travel to the 2017 Annual DEMA Convention on September 15, 2017 in order to receive the scholarship in person at the awards dinner
- Be a High School Graduate
- Cannot be an alumni of a Butler or Household Management school
NOMINATION PROCESS AND POLICIES
All nominees must complete the items below and must adhere to the deadlines/guidelines in order to be eligible for the scholarship. Please send us the following information (additional materials will not be reviewed):
- Complete the fill form on this page to nominate an individual or to self-nominate
- Resume - Provide your current resume or CV in PDF format
- Photo - Provide an hd (300dpi) personal photo in a jpg format, image needs to be a headhsot against a plain backdrop
- Biography - Provide a personal bio in a PDF format, we ask that you keep it brief in 300 words or less. Please describe your background, passions & personal interests, and future career plans.
- Typed Essay - Please provide a PDF format of your original essay with 1" margins and font size no smaller 11 point. Also, please do not include any graphics or images. Essays should be confined to two pages and must address these two items: 1- Describe your personal & educational development and how it will influence your career path in the future 2- Describe how you will use this scholarship to help advance your career in Private Service, leadership in the community, and how you will use this opportunity to contribute to the Private Service profession
- Educational Transcripts - Complete and most recent official academic transcripts
- Proof of Citizenship - Nominee's proof of citizenship (U.S. or otherwise), passport, birth certificate, drivers license, naturalization papers, etc...
- Background check - Nominee must be willing to subject themselves to a thorough background check by DEMA
- Research and Development - Scholarship recipient must share information they used to determine appropriate school of choice and also share their experience/feedback after schooling is completed
RULES FOR RECEIVING PAYOUT
The DEMA Scholar for 2017 will receive a scholarship award of $5,000.00 and funding will be held until the student attends school. Schooling will need to take place before the end of the 2018 calendar year and the school will be subject to committee approval. Once recipient decides on the appropriate school they must notify DEMA with the contact information for the admissions office. DEMA will handle the payout and make payment directly to the school on the recipient's behalf.
2017 SCHOLARSHIP CHALLENGE
We need your support to grow The DEMA Private Service Scholarship Fund! We will be holding special events throughout the year to help raise funding for this special cause, but you don't have to wait to help! Please donate to the scholarship fund any amount that you can afford, $10, $20, or higher amounts all add up and help contribute to this great program.
DEMA would like to thank Jonathan Fishbeck and his company for their generous support in helping us launch this new program: